- Working groups
- Civil society
- Technical cooperation
- Country systems capacity
- Enabling Environment
- Fragile situations
- Sector strategies
- Case stories
- Net search
Achieving results, enhancing ownership, and translating principles into action
How can country partners strengthen capacities and inclusive governance to pursue pro-poor, sustainable growth which adapts to and mitigates the effects of climate change?
Capacity development has increasingly come to the fore as a central concern for sustainable development. It is also a central concern for Aid effectiveness. Still, both country partners and development partners struggle to get it right in practice, and avoid the well-known risks of supply-driven solutions; weak impact in terms of results that matter; fragmentation; and too short time horizons for real change to happen. As a follow up to the Cairo Consensus on Capacity Development adopted in March 2011, LenCD and concerned partners want to put the recommendations of that consensus through a “stress-test” on the ground and learn from country experiences. This workshop was therefore planned in order to promote a common understanding of key aid effectiveness and capacity development issues in the sector especially sharing experiences, lessons learned and best practices.
Draft documents from the workshop are attached below:
- Concept note
- Workgroup 1: Sector leadership and ownership of CD
- Workgroup 2: CD Results that Matter
- Workgroup 3: Effective support from development partners
- Workgroup 4: Learning and knowledge management on CD
- Decentralization Reforms in Rwanda and Capacity Development for Local Governments
For further information or clarification, please contact any of the following core organizing team members:
- Peter Malinga, Coordinator, Technical Services, Public Sector Capacity Building Secretariat (PSCBS) firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
- Apollinaire MUSHINZIMANA, Executive Secretary, National Decentralization Implementation Secretariat (NDIS), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chantal Rwakazina, Deputy Secretary General, Rwandan Association of Local Government Authorities (RALGA), email@example.com
There are no upcoming LenCD events.