- Working groups
- Civil society
- Technical cooperation
- Country systems capacity
- Enabling Environment
- Fragile situations
- Sector strategies
- Case stories
- Net search
Capacity Development Specialist, Roads Management Facility Project, Philippines
Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) is a market leader in providing international development services in a broad range of sectors, including education, health, water/sanitation, environment, governance, infrastructure, transport and agriculture. Adding value through delivering excellent project outcomes is a core value at SKM. Our clients value our competence and our commitment to their vision.
We are looking for an International Capacity Development Specialist to join an on-going Roads Management Facility Project in the Philippines. This will be a one year contract position to start in or around September with possible extension for another year.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include:
The Capacity Development Specialist will be responsible for the ongoing management of an already established capacity development function including:
- Providing recommendations to the Program Steering Committee (PSC) on the Facility’s approach and direction in relation to capacity development.
- Continuously improving the Capacity Development Strategy/Framework/approach in full consultation with all key stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing the Facility Annual Capacity Development Plan with the resources and stakeholders involved within capacity development such as local provincial governments and local authorities.
- Monitoring and evaluating all capacity development plans at the Facility, regional and provincial levels
- Providing Facility wide guidelines and standards for the delivery of capacity development planning and delivery
- Working with local authorities to build their capacity in relation to roads management capacity development with the aim of progressively handing over responsibility to the local authorities.
- The Capacity Development Specialist will also assist the local authorities to share the lessons and knowledge products that emerge from the roads management facility.
- Assisting the roads management team with the development of contractor capacity in the respective provinces.
- Reporting to facilities management contractor (SKM) and the PSC as required.
Deadline:18 Aug 2012